St. Francis of Assisi Athletics
Welcome to the St. Francis of Assisi Athletic Association sports page. Here you will find the information you need to know on the sports programs we offer, a link to our Sports Illustrated Sign up page and contact information.
The athletic association meets every 4th Thursday of the month at 8:30 in the rectory lower level, all are encouraged to attend and $1 for adult beverages.
All Coaches/Volunteers must have taken the Archdiocese’s Protecting God’s Children’s class and a background check every 2 years in order to participate. Please click here for more information.
In addition, CYC players and coaches must have an issued CYC card.
Parents are urged to participate through being a head coach, assistant coach or manager. Active volunteers are what makes the Association work for the kids!
|VP Sports||Frank Rohlfingemail@example.com||314-496-9492|
|VP Facilities||David Kossmanfirstname.lastname@example.org||314-791-6611|
|VP Finance||Brian Wismannemail@example.com||314-307-4376|
|VP Communication||Jason Byrnefirstname.lastname@example.org||314-494-7289|
|Sports Directors – Frank Rohlfing|
|IM Soccer||Ryan Werkmeisteremail@example.com||314-482-5315|
|IM Baseball/Softball||Rob Witzelfirstname.lastname@example.org||314-600-1733|
|Facilities – Dave Kossman|
|SFA Manager||Mike Beckermannemail@example.com||314-574-3698|
|Bussen Manager||Tom Burtonfirstname.lastname@example.org||314-609-8477|
|Concessions – Manager||Christina Gambinoemail@example.com||314-239-5351|
|Soccer Uniforms||John Kramerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Baseball/Softball Uniforms||Jeff Kesselringemail@example.com|
|Volleyball Uniforms||Lisa Youngbloodfirstname.lastname@example.org||314-740-4042|
|Basketball Uniforms||Jennifer Mohrhardemail@example.com|
|Facility Scheduler||Joe Rothermichfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Finance – Brian Wismann|
|Capital Improvements Committee|
|Head Officia – Basketball||Tim Abernathyemail@example.com||314-368-2047|
|Head Official – Soccer||Ron Schmidtfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Head Official – Baseball/Softball||Bill Halasemail@example.com|
|Head Official – Volleyball||Chrissy Mauerfirstname.lastname@example.org||314-397-1479|
|Communication – Jason Byrne|
|CYC County Rep||Kevin Sajolemail@example.com|
|Sports Signup Admin||Lindsey Deroyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Soccer Tournament Director||Darren Williams
Previous meeting notes
- January 2017 Meeting Minutes
- February 2017 Meeting Minutes
- March 2017 Meeting Minutes
- April 2017 Meeting Minutes
- May 2017 Meeting Minutes
- June 2017 Meeting Minutes
- July 2017 Meeting Minutes
- August 2017 Meeting Minutes
- September 2017 Meeting Minutes
- October 2017 Meeting Minutes
- November 2017 Meeting Minutes
- January 2018 Meeting Minutes
- February 2018 Meeting Minutes
- March 2018 Meeting Minutes
- April 2018 Meeting Minutes
- May 2018 Meeting Minutes
- June 2018 Meeting Minutes
- July 2018 Meeting Minutes
- August 2018 Meeting Minutes
- September 2018 Meeting Minutes
- November 2018 Meeting Minutes
Registration is OPEN now… Don’t miss out!
St. Francis of Assisi Baseball/Softball Contact Information
Lay Director: Tom Morrow email@example.com 413.6894
Intramural Program: Rob Witzel firstname.lastname@example.org 600.1733
Uniform Coordinator: Jeff Kesselring email@example.com 487.4159
Head Official: Bill Halaz firstname.lastname@example.org 894.2528
Batting Cage Coordinator: Dave Kossman email@example.com 791.6611
Adult Softball: John Vuch 487.8071
St. Francis of Assisi Golf Contact Information
Lay Director: Jeff Kesselring 487.4159
St. Francis of Assisi Soccer Contact Information
Lay Director: Chris Hulsey firstname.lastname@example.org 593.0654
Intramural Soccer: Ryan Werkmeister email@example.com 482.5315
Soccer Tournament Director: Looking for a Volunteer
Uniform Coordinator: John and Amy Kramer firstname.lastname@example.org 846.0220
CYC Volleyball begins at the 3rd grade level. Learn about the game and have fun!
Can you dig it?
St. Francis of Assisi Volleyball Contact Information
Lay Director: Dan Hufker email@example.com 487.9044
Head Offical: Chrissy Maurer firstname.lastname@example.org 397.1479
PROTECTING GOD’S CHILDREN
“Certainly children are a gift from the LORD…” Psalm 127:3
THANK YOU FOR VOLUNTEERING
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church and School follow the Archdiocese of St. Louis Safe Environment Program (Protecting God’s Children). The program is designed to help protect the youth, elderly, and vulnerable adults of our parish as they participate in activities within our community. This process also provides a layer of protection against the possibility of false accusations for those adults who are involved in our many ministries.
All volunteers and employees who work with children and vulnerable adults at St. Francis of Assisi Parish must be in full compliance with the Safe Environment Program. This includes:
- Attending a Protecting God’s Children workshop. Click for a list of upcoming workshops.
- Undergoing a background check updated in even-numbered years.
- If you have lived outside of Missouri within the past five years read and fill out the American Checked form.
- Signing the Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Return all completed forms to the rectory with a check payable to St. Francis of Assisi for $14.25 ($13.00 worker registration, $1.25 processing).
If you have completed the FCSR Worker Registation at another Parish in the Archdiocese of St. Louis, please contact the rectory office. These forms will need to be filled out again as volunteers need to be in compliance at each location.
- Beginning with the 2014 CYC Basketball Season ALL Coaches/Managers (head coaches and assistant coaches) must take the Coaching to Make a Positive Difference class. This 2 1/2 hour course is now only offered online. CLICK HERE to go to the online training course.
- Obtain a CYC ID Card, which can be done on-line or in person. To obtain your card online go to the CYC ID Card web site. You will need your coach’s id # to complete the online ID card process. This number is on your certificate that you can print after you have completed the CYC Coaches Training Program. Your information is transferred to the CYC ID Card database within 24 hours of you completing the course. You will need to wait the 24 hours before you can apply for your card, as your number will not be recognized by the system until then.
VOLUNTEERS UNDER THE AGE OF 18
If you are under 18 years old or still in high school, and wish to volunteer at St. Francis of Assisi Church and School please read and sign the Ethical Conduct for Minors form and return it to the rectory office.
CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT REPORTING
Missouri Department of Social Services
Children’s Division Child Abuse & Neglect
Hotline Number: 1-800-392-3738
For additional information related to reporting incidents of suspected abuse, please refer to the Archdiocese’s Policy, Procedures, and Guidelines on Child Abuse and Neglect Reports or contact Sandra Price at the Office of Child and Youth Protection at (314) 792-7271.