Job Title: Office Receptionist
Office/Agency: St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church and School
Position Reports To: Director of Operations & Finance
Date Approved/Revised: 08/13/2018
FLSA (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Non-Exempt
Serve as the receptionist and greeter at St. Francis of Assisi Parish rectory and to assist with fulfilling the mission of the Parish by being the welcoming “face” of the parish.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Handling Rectory Office duties that include answering phones, greeting visitors, processing incoming and outgoing mail and packages such that outgoing mail goes out on a daily basis.
2. Scheduling Mass intentions, recording intentions in Intention Calendar and collecting/recording Mass stipends.
3. Coordinate the baptism process for the parish, including obtaining all necessary information from families, scheduling families for Baptism classes, if needed, and scheduling Baptisms, and preparing and mailing Baptismal Certificates. This includes updating Servant Keeper, Parish Helper, and the Sacramental Records.
4. In collaboration with the Priest & the Director of Liturgy & Music, assist with the funeral scheduling process through proactively communicating with representatives that handle the maintenance, music, servers, and Sacristan-related functions. This includes updating Servant Keeper, Parish Helper, and the Sacramental Records. Collect the fees associated with the funeral.
5. Coordinate the administrative tasks/paperwork surrounding wedding process, including initial conversation, explanation of procedures, registration and follow up with priest/family. This includes updating Servant Keeper, Parish Helper, and the Sacramental Records. Collect the fees associated with the wedding.
6. Maintain the schedule of facility usage and serve as the liaison to parish organizations for facility reservations. Manage the checking in and out of keys for facility usage.
7. Coordinate the intake of new parishioners, ensuring they complete the required forms when seeking to register in our parish, and see that those forms are distributed appropriately.
8. Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor and/or Director of Operations & Finance.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
• Associate’s degree or above in business administration and/or related field preferred
• Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a similar position
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
• Active and practicing member of the Catholic faith
• Strong ethical standards required; Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
• Self-starter with strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and balance several projects at one time.
• Warm and friendly demeanor
• Ability to work well with, parish staff and volunteers; able to collaborate with the leadership of the St. Francis of Assisi community in advancing the parish mission.
• Meet weekly/monthly with Pastor and Director of Operations & Finance and other staff as necessary to identify goals and progress in attaining them as related to the position