PROTECTING GOD’S CHILDREN
“Certainly children are a gift from the LORD…” Psalm 127:3
THANK YOU FOR VOLUNTEERING.
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church and School follow the Archdiocese of St. Louis Safe Environment Program (Protecting God’s Children). The program is designed to help protect the youth, elderly, and vulnerable adults of our parish as they participate in activities within our community. This process also provides a layer of protection against the possibility of false accusations for those adults who are involved in our many ministries.
All volunteers and employees who work with children and vulnerable adults at St. Francis of Assisi Parish must be in full compliance with the Safe Environment Program. This includes:
- Attending a Protecting God’s Children workshop. Click for a list of upcoming workshops.
- Undergoing a background check updated in even-numbered years.
- If you have lived outside of Missouri within the past five years read and fill out the American Checked form.
- Signing the Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Return all completed forms to the rectory with a check payable to St. Francis of Assisi for $15.25 ($14.00 worker registration, $1.25 processing).
If you have completed the FCSR Worker Registation at another Parish in the Archdiocese of St. Louis, please contact the rectory office. These forms will need to be filled out again as volunteers need to be in compliance at each location.
Volunteers under the age of 18
If you are under 18 years old or still in high school, and wish to volunteer at St. Francis of Assisi Church and School please read and sign the Ethical Conduct for Minors form and return it to the rectory office.
Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting
Victims of sexual abuse, in addition to contacting civil authorities, are asked to come forward in order to receive pastoral assistance. Reports of abuse may be made to any Pastor or to:
Sandra Price, Executive Director
Office of Child & Youth Protection
Missouri Department of Social Services, Children’s Division
Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline:
Missouri Department of Heath & Senior Services
Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline: