St. Francis of Assisi Youth Ministry
We have two programs offered to the teens of St. Francis. ROCK is a junior high program for 7th & 8th grade students and LIFE TEEN is for all high school teens.
- Pray for the youth and those who lead them
- Be an adult volunteer to help with food and organizing for events and fundraising
- Prayerfully consider serving as a member of the Core Team
- Consider making a financial donation to youth ministry at St. Francis or sponsoring a teen for an event who wouldn’t otherwise be able to go
- Encourage the teens in your life to participate in youth ministry
- Serve an an adult volunteer to help with retreats such as Luke 18
- To learn more ways to be a part of youth ministry at St. Francis contact our youth minister: email@example.com
What is LIFE TEEN?
St. Francis of Assisi youth ministry follows the Life Teen ministry model and embraces the Life Teen mission: leading teens closer to Christ!
Life Nights-All high school teens are invited to join us every Sunday evening (unless posted otherwise) as we meet in the Life Teen room to participate in special sessions designed specifically for our teens.
- To help teens fall in love with the Sacraments
- To love and serve as shown through Our Lord’s example
- To educate about ways to combat daily life struggles with the help of God and Church
- To build life-long friendships through social nights
Luke 18-Luke 18 is a weekend retreat held at St. Francis of Assisi for the 8th graders of our parish!
- Facilitated by high school teens
- Enriching experience for all involved: parents, teens, core team, and parish volunteers
- High school teens wanting to participate in an upcoming Luke 18 should should contact the youth minister for information on obtaining an application
- Adult volunteers desiring to help, please contact youth minister per email firstname.lastname@example.org
Steubenville-Steubenville Youth Conference is a conference involving thousands of high school teens from around St. Louis and the Midwest!
- Held at Missouri State University campus during a weekend over the summer
- Mass, Eucharistic Adoration, praise and worship, and discussions focusing on living out Catholic life
Fall Retreat-Fall Retreat is an opportunity for our teens and Core Team to get away for a weekend and share in fun and friendship!
- Games, canoeing, camp fires
- Mass, Reconciliation, Eucharistic Adoration
- For permission form for an upcoming retreat, go to Youth Ministry Release Form
Service-We strive to encourage and participate in serving others as Jesus modeled for us!
- Parish Picnic service
- Collections for various organizations in the community and parish
- Service to Our Lady’s Inn
Pilgrimage to Washington DC to March for Life-The Pro-Life trip happens annually in January until we have won the battle against abortion!
- Teens join all faiths and all ages as we travel to march to Supreme Court building
- Teens are making their voices heard
OUR MINISTRY TEAM
We are a group of adults of all ages who a have a passion for youth and our church. We work hard to allow the Holy Spirit to guide us in all we do by modeling the seven Core Values of Life Teen. We gather together weekly to pray, plan, and minister to teens. We are friends. We are family. We are the CORE TEAM!
SEVEN CORE VALUES
- Eucharistic Spirituality-The Eucharist is the center of our Catholic faith and at SFA Life Teen.
- Love-Our love for one another is what anchors all we do, both in words and actions.
- Joy-We are filled with joy for our faith and for this ministry.
- Affirmation-Through laughter and tears, we strive to support each other as Jesus modeled for us, to love and not judge!
- Authenticity– Recognizing none of us is perfect, we are honest with our mistakes and work hard to help each other through support and encouragement of Reconciliation always remembering our constant need for God.
- Evangelization-Just as the Core Team is driven to boldly share our faith and spread the love of God, we encourage all teens to move throughout their world doing the same.
- Primary vocation-We are first called to God through our vocation and then called to serve others.
Adults feeling called to serve in this unique and amazing ministry are encouraged to prayerfully consider filling out a Core Team application found under Core Team Application or contact our youth minister: email@example.com