Because we’re asked to return a portion of all that we receive from the Lord. Time, Talent and Treasure are gifts given to each of us for which we are ultimately accountable. We give of our time in prayer with God, our talent by participating in ministries and charities, and our treasure by sharing our finances, traditionally returning 5 percent of what God has given to us to support the parish and another 5 percent to charities of our own choosing. Over and above this we give alms to the poor, a powerful witness to the Christian faith.
While many use paper envelopes to support the parish on a weekly basis some have opted to switch to online giving. This helps the parish in planning and ensures regular contributions so we do not fall short during vacations. OSV Online Giving is a secure site that allows you to make a one-time gift or set recurring gifts on a regular basis. Set up Online Giving at https://www.osvonlinegiving.com/722.
The Francis Fund
This fund is an investment in the future of young Catholics as it helps keep Catholic education affordable at the local level. It helps support the St. Francis school, minimizing the need for an increase in tuition. It also creates scholarships to benefit families that may not be able to give their children a solid Catholic education. Donate to the Francis Fund at https://www.osvonlinegiving.com/722/DirectDonate/11920.
Leaving A Legacy
More than 50% of Americans have no valid estate plan at their death. Please consider creating at least a simple will to ensure your wishes are carried out after your death.
Francis of Assisi Catholic Church and School is pleased to partner with the Roman Catholic Foundation of Eastern Missouri in building our endowment fund to sustain SFA’s mission for future generations. Please consider helping us build our fund by using one of the options below.
- Online at rcfstl.org/fund/
- By check to: Roman Catholic Foundation/
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church and School
c/o Roman Catholic Foundation 425 N. New Ballas Road
St. Louis, Missouri 63141
- By transferring marketable securities. For instructions, please contact Scott Welz at 314.918.2894 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Give to our fund through your will or trust, or name the fund as beneficiary of your life insurance policy or retirement account by using the following: Roman Catholic Foundation of Eastern Missouri (EIN 46-3309222), for the benefit of Francis of Assisi Catholic Church and School.
Give and Receive:
- Establish a Charitable Gift Annuity, receive a fixed income stream for life, and the remainder will be added to the St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church and School at
- Gift your highly appreciated assets to a Charitable Remainder Unitrust, receive payments for life or a term of years, and the remainder will be added to our fund at maturity.
The Roman Catholic Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity, independent from the Archdiocese of St. Louis, that partners with Catholic parishes, schools, and ministries to sustain the local Church for future generations.
Giving is great for the soul. It “returns a bigger benefit to the giver than the receiver. It expands our hearts … our capacity to love and be loved.” Giving also “transforms the giver … their family, their business, and their community.” We must also consider how “the receiver is blessed as well, receiving gifts of donors’ money and time … more importantly, their heart and spirit and support … of the organization and the mission.” – Dan Prosser, The Donor Motivation Group
You can give back to St. Francis every time you shop at Catholic Supply by clicking the image to the right.